Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Grace to the Prophets!

I FULLY UNDERSTAND…..
I know that some on here are upset at the prophecies that were given by people who claimed that President Trump would be elected for a second term. I get it! We need to hold each other accountable to the Word of God, in fact, for the 39 years I have been a credentialed minister with the COG, the majority of that as a Senior Pastor, I have always encouraged our people to hold what I preach accountable to the Word of God. But with that accountability, we also need to extend grace as we hold them accountable. You know, the same grace that has been extended to us as Pastors, when we preached vehemently things that were not exactly biblically accurate. Accountability with Grace! I believe in the 5-Fold (some say 4 because of the conjunction “and” between Pastor and Teacher) Leadership Ministry Gifting from the Holy Spirit. I believe what Dr. French Arrington, in his book “Encountering the Holy Spirit” writes concerning the gifts of the Modern-Day Apostle and Prophet as much as I believe in Modern-Day Pastors, Evangelists, and Teachers! Some have brought up the truth that if we were still living in the Old Testament days, these Prophets would be stoned. The good news is, according to Hebrews, we are living under a “better covenant” (Hebrews 8:6)! That covenant is in Christ, and while we hold to a bibliocentric theology, we do so within the context of this “better Covenant” extending the same grace that has been extended to us. With this said, here is a link to a really good exhortation about this issue from Dutch Sheets. DUTCH SHEETS

No comments:

Post a Comment